Monday, June 1, 2009

First Official Day Of Summer

It's 8:30 and my house is still quiet on a Monday morning. This is what I about summer. Today is the first official day of summer vacation. Last night was the first official night of summer bedtime. After much negotiation, it was decided that Little One will go to bed at 10 and The Boy at 11. The Boy did not settle on this easily. His negotiation skills have been stellar ever since he was three. If he doesn't become a major league ball player, I think he may have future as a litigator. When the discussion began, I threw out 10:30. "Oh, come on mom...you know I'm never tired. (This, in fact, is true. Score a point for The Boy) I should get at least 12:00." Well that's not happening because an 11 year old cannot stay up later than his parents. So I countered with 10:45. "Mom, the Braves game will only be in the first inning when they are on the coast! Please!" Ok, another valid point. So I made my final offer...11:00. He shook his head as if he had suffered a defeat, but accepted it semi-gracefully, knowing that he once again had pushed me to my limit.

On to something more important. I'd like to announce to all of the fashion followers that the lovely Cole Haan London T-straps that I have drooled over for months finally went on sale for one day. I was furniture shopping a few weeks ago when the sales girl complimented me on my shoes (JCrew animal print heels). I thanked her and complimented her on the sandals she was wearing...Cole Haan sandals. I told her that I was dying for the CH London t-straps...and she said, "I have those and I LOVE them. They are so comfortable!" Well, I told her I was very jealous, but that the price was just too much for me. She suddenly ran to her desk to grab her very expensive blackberry. "I saw them on a one-day sale somewhere today." I told her that I had already reviewed the daily sales from Bloomindale's and Bluefly...and they weren't there. She continued to scroll and read. "Yes! Sak's One-day." And sure enough, when I finished up. I ran home and looked them up...and there they were...and as fate would have it...only 1 pair left...In My Size. I knew this was the universe telling me that I should have them. So I took the plunge and ordered. Let me just announce that they are spectacular. Of course, they are 4 inch heels, which again puts me at about 6'2''...but they are gorgeous...and as the girl said...comfortable. I loved them so much that I went by the furniture store to tell her the good news and thank her. I swear she was as happy as I was. This is the thing about girls who love shoes...there is that bond...

One more item...there is a great blog I found called shelterrific.com. It is full of good recipes and unique home ideas. Another good one is WhoWhatWearDaily.com. Two former fashion editors review clothes trends in a neat way. If you love fashion, this is a good one.

That is it for today. Summer blogs have to be a bit shorter. I hear the steps of the Little One coming down the hall which means my 5 minutes of peace have come to an end...

So until tomorrow, when I will force myself to start a bit earlier...

No comments: