Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"I'd Luv to Kiss Ya, But I Just Washed My hair"...Bette Davis

I was warned by the Little One and The Boy NOT to do anything remotely different to my hair. No bangs, no cut, no color...nada...nothing. All the way to camp this morning, we...rather, they, had a discussion about "NO CHANGES" to my hair, after I inadvertently mentioned that I had an appointment at the hair salon. I have no idea why my kids are so invested in my hair. I don't think I ever even noticed my mom's hair when I was their age. I don't know what the psychology is behind this obsession. All I know is that any thought I had of doing something different was swept out the door on the way to camp.



It was a slow day at the salon. No interesting next-seat clients to ease-drop on. No far out hairstyles to silently critique. My sweet stylist has been going through a family crisis-of-sorts, so that took up most of the conversation. We then launched into an in depth discussion of jeans, after a neighboring stylist mentioned that she paid $200 for hers. This brings us back to the discussion of what and why we are willing to pay certain prices for certain things. For me, $200 for jeans is crazy...because my Levis and Gap's at $65 work just fine. I did splurge on pair of Marc Jacobs a few years ago in NY, but even those were on sale for about $80. On the other hand, show me a chic handbag or pair of shoes...and I can shoot past the $100 on occasion. My cute stylist prefers her Express jeans, and wouldn't dream of going over $80 either. But judging by her phone, there are other areas where she, too, is willing to splurge. The stylist who sported the $200 pair looked like she was willing to splurge in many areas...


I called The Husband on my way out, and he asked "Do you look like Sandra Bullock?" No, I replied, do you? "Well you said you were going for her hairstyle in yesterday's blog." So you read it? "Of course"....Well, my hair is already like Bullock's, only not brunette. I was just kind of joking yesterday...but I love when The Husband pays attention....


That's pretty much it for today...the hair salon cut cancelled my blog-writing time this morning...and afternoon blogging feels...different. ( I hope this isn't because I'm not awake enough to have more judgement)


So until tomorrow, when we are back to a normal schedule...only with better hair...

No comments: