Thursday, June 11, 2009

On Winning Games and Becoming a Vegetarian

The Boy won his game yesterday. It was not pretty, but in the end, they pulled it out. He even picked a guy off second when he was pitching, which was something he didn't think he could do. It's all about learning the game, isn't it. He was rewarded later in the day by the universe. Tom Glavine (former Atlanta Brave and Hall of Fame player-to-be) was at the park, and he signed The Boy's hat. He worried all the way home that he had signed it in a place that might "sweat off". Oh to be 11...win your game...and get a great autograph.

After the game, we went to an restaurant that The Husband use to take me on some first dates. I was very excited to go, as I was feeling under the weather and needed a boost. I tried to explain the history of it to the kids...but they were only interested in the menu. The Boy wanted his cheeseburger with barbecue sauce on the side. This has been his same order for 3 years...he never veers...and Little One has decided to become a vegetarian. We had to go through every item on the menu and discuss whether or not it came from an animal. She settled on a grilled cheese, but lusted after my chicken. (The Husband reminded me that The Rebel was also a vegetarian once for about 6 hours...) When we got home last night, Little One requested a piece of left-over pizza, forgetting that it had pepperoni on it. The Husband waited until she finished it to remind her of this. She looked at me with her beautiful eyes and said "Does it have to count?" Well, of course it doesn't. I told her she was still a vegetarian if she wanted to be....

The Brother-in-Law sent me a note about yesterday's blog...it is not to be repeated, but I sensed he was making fun of my beauty products discussion. I would just like to say to him that I did warn the male readers beforehand...and he, being a man, just cannot understand the necessity of things like this. However, he is a stellar (new favorite word) Brother-in-Law, so I subconsciously pay attention to his comments....

Ok, that is it for today. Breakfast has to be re-vamped since the Little One is off of bacon. Though I admire her convictions, I am thinking it is going to require a trip to the grocery store...

Until tomorrow, when The Boy advances in his tournament, but the Little One cannot have a hot dog at the concessions stand...I'll keep you posted...

No comments: