Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chick Stuff

A mini-chick blog today. I like to say that upfront for all of my male readers (notice how I assume there are thousands) so that they don't dive in without warning. I would like to let the guys know that if you are an Atlanta Braves fan, please check out The Boy's blog at www.bravesfan144.blogspot.com. Here you get a daily update on the Braves from the eyes of a 6th grade boy. It doesn't get any sweeter than that.

Ok, on with the shallow stuff:

1) I mortgaged my house and tried a Tracie Martyn product. I read about how Kate Winslet swears by the body resculpting lotion...and if you have seen her lately, you know that she is definitely doing something right. So instead of just assuming that she is exercising and eating right, I assume that the lotion is the answer. I have been using it for a week and am encouraged by the results. It says you won't see results for 6 weeks, but that worries me when I do a daily cost/usage break down. However, I can see already that everything looks firmer and tighter. The down-side is the smell...I will keep you posted.

2) Laura Mercier Body Make up: This sounds like some kind of horrible make up that would get on everything, but it isn't. It is a light, great smelling lotion that kind of evens everything out. In other words, if you have been going to travel ball games every weekend and you have a million tan lines, you can put this on when you go to the pool and feel a little more "even".

3) Vitamin E cream from the Body Shop. Listen, this stuff is inexpensive and it feels great. I use it at night and my skin looks great in the morning. If you get too much sun on your face, put some on...it is a great product.

4) Anything from the Body Shop that smells like coconut. I am addicted to that smell. Their coconut body butter and cream are terrific...and again, they are priced right.

5) Touche Eclat from Yves Saint Laurent. This little tube of concealer/brightener is addictive. You can put it on 10 times a day and it never builds up or looks heavy. It definitely brightens your face. You can order it on QVC if you can't find it at the cosmetic counter.

One more thing...every magazine you look at right now is touting the jean jacket. At first glance, this seems so 80's. It harkens me back to the light denim jacket I had with the pink and green flower on the back...oh my goodness. But the new ones are great. I bought the kind of worn one from J Crew several months ago and I love it. It has a great shape and weight. You can wear it with anything from shorts to sundresses. It looks especially good with pencil skirts and heels.

Ok, that's it for today. Off to The Boy's travel ball tournament...the kids are still sleeping which probably gives me 10 minutes to decide what to wear...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the beauty tips! Much more than the politics ;)

KC said...

me too! :)i love all of the product reviews. the only problem is i run out and buy everything you suggest! haha