Friday, June 5, 2009

It's Hard To Be Good Every Day

The Husband told me I need to "up my game". He feels my readers are being bored on a daily basis. The problem is, I have no "game". The title of my blog is "C'est la Vie...A Day in the Life...". Once again, I have to explain that I am not working towards a Pulitzer here. I am merely telling the story of my life on a day to day basis, with an emphasis on fashion, France and family. I will admit that the last few weeks have been overly heavy on family stuff, but if I am narrating my life, I have to report on each episode. And besides, after 81 straight blogs, it becomes difficult to...I'll use a baseball analogy since that is relevant to my life....knock it out of the park every day.

Anyway, today I was going to regale you with the story of my visit to the new strip mall with the Little One. We were informed that there was a new Tj Maxx and Target, so yesterday, we went exploring and had a lovely time perusing each store. However, after being reprimanded by The Husband, I have decided to speak on more worldly matters:

1) The President took Michelle to New York City for a date. They went to the Blue Hill restaurant in the Village and they saw "Joe Turners Come and Gone" on Broadway. Now if you listen to Fox News, you would think he has committed a crime. I have mixed feelings on this one. He actually paid for the meal and show...however we (tax payers) paid for the plane ride from Washington, which came in at about $24,000. If we weren't in this awful economy, it probably wouldn't bother me at all, but it did seem to be bad timing. I understand that they want to get out of the White House some, and to be honest, what's the difference between flying to NY and flying to Camp David? I certainly think we can cut him some slack on this one. But hey...put a tie on Mr. President. I don't like that casual look...and besides, Michelle looked so beautiful in her black dress and heels...

2) Yet another nude photo of Carla Bruni (wife of the French President Sarkozy) has surfaced. It is a 10 year old picture taken by famed photographer Pam Hansen. It's black and white it's more artsy than Playboy. In fact, the French probably haven't given it a thought. An anonymous buyer snapped it up for $19,000...there is some speculation that her husband bought it....Again, she is just so gorgeous and cool...If you go on Stylist.com, you can flip through dozens of pictures of her through the years...I think she was one of the best models of MY generation.

3) I was disappointed in the President's speech in Germany. I feel no need to reach out to the Muslim population. I also feel no need to disrespect them. I do not understand the President's need to constantly apologize for any actions that the US took after 911. I feel he disrespects our country and our people by pretending that he speaks for us on this. WE were attacked and we responded in a way that our President at the time deemed appropriate. There is a real arrogance in post-judging this. He may regret this if we are attacked on his watch...

4) So tragic about the Air France plane disappearing. It was the worst plane crash since 2001. Isn't it strange how little news time it has received since there are no pictures of wreckage?

Ok, so that's it. It's summer time, so my news-watching is at a minimum. My Wall Street Journal is not delivered here, so I am a bit out of touch...which is ok with me. Unless anything important happens during travel ball this weekend, I may have to come back to the strip mall story next week...

So until next week, when I will make a concerted effort to "up my game", while still discussing "a Day In the Life" of me...

1 comment:

Matthew said...

I like this post. Continue your greatwork.