Monday, December 14, 2009

The Yearly Gift Exchange

Saturday evening, we had our yearly Christmas celebration with our BFFs. This includes dinner and gift exchange, followed by some sort of activity. The Boy has been very sick since Friday, so he made a brief appearance, and then excused himself and headed back to bed (with his wonderful football signed by all of the Atlanta Falcons in hand...what a cool gift). Little One was thrilled by her jewelry-making bead set, and she set to work immediately designing some lovely necklaces. The Husband received an assortment of 'man stuff'... but he was drawn to the flashlight that goes on the forehead. He immediately took the sick Boy outside with him to try it out in the dark. These are the things that men do. I did, however, understand how that could be useful. Little One and I will enjoy wearing it at night while we search for crabs at the beach...

I received a beautiful tray that looked like a vintage french postcard...the kind of gift that just thrills you because it is given by someone who has to really know you well...Many thanks...

After all of the gift-giving, we settled down to watch the movie 'Julie and Julia'. Now as I have discussed before, we generally alternate back and forth between guy and girl picks for movies in this foursome. Last time, we watched 'Star Trek"...which though it was a "guy pick", was actually very good. So this time was the girls' turn...Another friend of mine had suggested "Julia" to me, saying that it would be right up my alley. And it was. But I have to admit to feeling a little guilty and embarrassed after the movie. It took place in Paris, and it dealt with French, writing...specifically blogging. It was as if I had invited people over to watch me do what I like. Though the guys were gracious enough to say that it wasn't the "worst they'd ever seen"....I will definitely be taking myself out of the equation on movie picks for awhile...

The Boy and I spent the day in our respective beds yesterday...he with a high fever, and me feeling sick, but not taking my temperature for 2 reasons....I figured if I didn't know, I didn't have it......and secondly, no matter how many times I sterilized the thermometer...germs would be spread. So this morning, we are headed to the doctor. He seems to be on the mend....but 3 days of high fever has him looking really worn.

Little One is fine...except for remembering that she forgot to do some homework...oh well

So until tomorrow...let's hope for good news at the doctor.....

No comments: