Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Quick Update on Life at the Beach...

I took a few days off the blog. As a friend said, my life was beginning to sound like a sitcom episode, so I needed to re-group.. The beach is lovely. It is too cold to swim in the ocean, but not too cold to sit on the balcony and read.
The Husband gave me some terrific books for Christmas...all french-themed. The one I've been reading is the story of a guy who takes a year off to go write and paint in France. (Chasing Matisse) The Husband probably thinks that reading about this will quell my desire to actually do it.
I was inspired to pull out my paint brushes . This is absolutely the best place (besides France) to paint. I began a painting Monday morning, and I am almost finished. The Husband cannot understand why it takes me weeks at home to finish a painting. He doesn't understand that here, I am able to paint for hours at a time uninterrupted. The kids are happy and busy with their new stuff, and nobody is asking me to do this or that. I love the painting...these are words you rarely hear from me at this point in the painting. I usually love it the first day, and them hate it the next. Not so this time. Stay tuned...today is correction day, so I may hate it by tonight.

The dog has taken a turn for the worst. I cannot write too much about it or I will cry. At 105 years old, she is struggling. This morning, The Husband had to carry her down to go to the bathroom, and then I had to feed her and position her. The end is near. Best not to think about it. The kids are worried...she has been their best friend for their whole life.

That's it for today. Back to the painting. The New Year is only a few days away. I need to get my resolutions on paper...

Until tomorrow....

No comments: