Saturday, August 1, 2009

Be It Ever So Humble...There's No Place Like Home

We were back home last night for one quick stay before the beach. Yesterday was too busy to leave anytime for sadness and sentiment at leaving Grandma's house. As I look out this morning, I do miss the view...there is no beautiful course or cursing golfer in my sight...but there are things to appreciate about being here too...

1) I was incapable of making a decent cup of coffee at Grandma's House. Now I am generally known (and I say this with complete humility) for my good coffee...but either the coffee maker was off...or I was....because this morning, I am enjoying the best cup I've had all summer.

2) I'm glad to see my paintings. Between my own, and the ones The Husband and I have collected on our travels, we have a house filled with paintings...not many bare spaces. This makes me happy..and I had forgotten how much I missed them. I did tote a few to Grandma's, and they helped...but it's good to see my old favorites.

3)Little One's BFF. Life is just not the same for the Little One when BFF is not next door. We have had her with us for many nights at grandma's ...but really...we need her in close proximity.

4) My books. Like my paintings...I have a need to be surrounded by an inordinate amount of books. Again, I brought many to Grandma's, but here, I have anything I want at hand, in French or English.

5) My closet. Now as previously stated, I do not have a large or grand closet. But it is a well-organized and pretty closet. All shoes are boxed and labeled...all purses are lined up according to season and color....it is like a work of art. I was pleased with my little wardrobe that I kept at Grandma's...but it was good to walk in and remember that I had more to choose from.

I could go on, but The Husband has announced that departure time is near, and I am not ready...so until tomorrow, when we will be one day closer to the beach...but not nearly as sad as I thought to be back home...

No comments: