Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Beach Gourmet

Did anybody watch the finale of The Food Network Star? Little One and I are addicted to this show. Every week, we vote for who needs to be eliminated. We were disheartened when Jamiica was booted a couple of weeks ago...but in the end. it came down to stay-at-home mom Melissa and man-of -the-world, Jeffrey. I was rooting for Melissa, and Little One was rooting for Jeffrey. Now I liked Jeffrey...especially his lavender shirts and his laissez-faire way of dressing...but I just felt Melissa was the underdog...and I always love the underdog...



On the finale, Jeffrey did a demo show called "Ingredient Smuggler".He used an ingredient from North Africa..I forget the name...but look...it came in a tube. I cannot eat anything from a tube...I only squirt medication out of a tube..you know, neosporin...aloe vera....but not food. It's a shame, because his sandwich looked delicious...but i could not get the tube out of my mind...



Melissa, on the other hand, whipped up her 4 step chicken over spinach and au gratin potatoes. My mouth was watering...she made it look so easy that after they announced her the winner, I ran to the grocery store to buy the ingredients. And last night, I whipped up the first prize meal. I added corn-on-the-cob and biscuits...because my kids can like anything with those 2 additions. The Husband ate every bite and went back for more, which was a good sign....The Boy picked and whined because there were no cheeseburgers involved...but he ate. Little One devoured the chicken...and Friend declared the potatoes "delicious". (Ok, he is very polite.) But honestly...go to the food Network Site and look up this meal. It is delicious and easy.....I'm definitely adding it to my recipe book...



So until later on, when the beach gourmet will be whipping up all kinds of delicious meals...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to make it again when you get home so we can al try it! :)
Love you lots!