Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ten Things I Was Happy to Find At the Beach

I love this place at the beach. It is calm, serene,peaceful...and decorated in a sort of Tuscan, eclectic, beachy way...I know, hard to picture...but I love it. Here are the top 10 reasons...


1) Imagine how happy I was to see my Flirty Mango shaving cream here! During my sojourn at Grandma's house, I ran out. I ran to the store to pick some up, when a tube of Alba organics Mango Vanilla shaving cream caught my eyes...I don't know what came over me...I mean, the blog that I wrote about Flirty Mango received more comments than any I have written (let's don't examine that too closely)...but I caved and bought it. So let me save you the heartache...it isn't any good. Too much like lotion and not a great smell either. I should have known better. Afterall, I had already tried their pineapple enzyme cleanser...and though I forced myself to finish the whole bottle, I hated it. But anyway, I had forgotten that I had left a can of Flirty here at the beach...I jumped in the tub and shaved immediately!





2) My 5 year old cut-off Gap jean shorts. Oh how I love these shorts. These are my "weight-watcher" shorts. If they fit...all is right with the world. Unfortunately, 90%of pictures of me at the beach are in these. They work for swimsuit cover-ups, ball games, walks...you name it. And you know, I can change the shirts up...





3) My good friend Kelly gave me a book a few years back entitled "Entrez-Nous...Discovering Your Inner French Girl"....If you read this blog, you know I am a francophile. This book never gets old to me. I read and re-read it hoping it will rub off on me.





4) Pomegranate soap....I bought this lovely over-priced soap and the accompanying wooden holder a few years ago when the Big Sister and the SIL were coming for a visit. After they left, I put it in my room and each trip I put it out for the smell and looks alone...





5) White Boston Proper Bathing suit....I wrote about this suit last trip. It is the exact rip-off of the one that Charlotte wore in the Sex and the City movie, but it was about a third of the cost. It is well-made and useful...meaning I can lay out or swim laps in it...





6) 3 Signs in this condo that sum up my life...The first says "My husband says I don't listen to him, at least I think that's what he said."


The second says "If it weren't for coffee, I'd have no personality at all." And the last one says "Always kiss me goodnight". Those pretty well sum it up...





7) The coffee maker. I mean, it is so good, you'd think I was in a cafe in France....





8) Dining room table...it seats 10 easily....and it is so pretty I could stare at it all day.





9) My 2 year old Vogue magazine with Kate Moss on the cover. I'm sure everyone that stays here wonders why I keep this. But this is the best issue in years. Inside it are pages and pages of the most beautiful clothes you've ever seen. I just love to flip through it. Warning to anyone who stays here: Never Get Rid of the Vogue!!





10) My Family...Come on...you knew I had to say that, right? The only thing better would be if the Big Sis, the SIL, and the Rebel and Tike were here....well, and maybe the dog...



So with lots of gratefulness for everything and everyone here...and until Day After Tomorrow...because I am off tomorrow....

No comments: