Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Later in the Day...

I'm taking this opportunity while I have it. For some unknown reason, my computer is staying on more than 42 seconds at a time this afternoon, so I will take advantage, especially since I am beached out and worked out for the day...

Just a quick word about last night's whiffle ball game which I referred to this morning. The Husband bowed out due to a bum knee (which he received when playing in a pick-up game of basketball last week. I would be remiss in saying that this was not just any pick-up game...but a game which included some of the Atlanta Falcon football players...and never one to name-drop, he totally held his own with Roddy White and DeAngelo Hall...and OK OK, the SIL(son-in-law)is now hoping I will say he played too, and very well...and The Boy held his own, not throwing up his requisite 3-point misses, but instead, passing the ball and playing defense...enough so that Mr. White complimented him on his game..) BUT enough of that, and back to the whiffle ball game. It was Little One and Myself against The Boy and Friend. As previously stated, we were up by 3 in the 5th inning...The Boy is at bat...Little One looks out at me in the outfield and yells "You Pitch...You are too slow!" .....Excuse me??? I'm too slow?? I am being thrown to the pitcher's mound due to lack of speed??? The Boy and the Friend are snickering...because they were thinking the same thing. But Little One, in all of her competitive glory, tells it like it is.

Well...I go launch into how many hits I have and how many runs I have scored.....she listens with a glazed look on her face...and then says..."Sorry mom...they are jacking them over your head and you are TOO SLoW. You pitch...." Well, I never. But I did. I limped to the pitchers mound and struck out The Boy. (Ok, he hit a fly ball which Little One caught) And the game is over.

And so this is how it is when you get a little older...you get relegated to the mound by your 10 year old daughter. Nobody even appreciates the fact that you hung in there for 6 innings...or that you got up at the crack of dawn to fix breakfast...or that you fixed a 5 course meal for dinner....NO...nobody cares about this.....

So this morning, I bowed out of the kickball game, claiming I had a bum ego. I read my magazine and laid in the sun, while The Husband limped around the bases.....An by the way, I noticed he was pitching...

So until tomorrow, when we will discuss meals at the beach...

No comments: