Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What Worked and What Didn't

Chick blog today. We are nearing the end of summer, so it is worth taking a look at the beauty products that we spoke about a few months ago...always good to see what worked and what did not.

1) The hands-down winner was Flirty Mango. As I said last week, I've found nothing better...and I made the mistake of trying. I received so many positive comments on this one that I briefly thought about becoming a company spokesperson...

2) Tracie Martyn Shakti Resculpting body Cream....This was the one I mortgaged my house to buy...the one that smelled so bad....the one that was suppose to make everything look firm and tight. Now look...the reason I splurged on this one is because I read an article on Kate Winslet where she raved about it. The accompanying picture was just gorgeous...but silly me....the picture was of her face, not her body! Anyway, she seems like a trustworthy person...so I tried it. Does it work? Maybe. I mean, yes, if you slather yourself in it before you go to the pool, you probably look a little firmer and tighter....but good grief....I'd rather walk an extra mile on the treadmill and throw on some self-tanner and accomplish the same thing for a fraction of the price...

3) On the same note, you know what does work? Laura Mercier Body Mousse. This lotion has a slight color to it, and if you put it on your legs, they look great. For those of you who like me, gave up panty hose years ago...this is for you. No chance of lines because it washes off...but it does not rub off once you put it on.

4) New product Alert...I forgot my blush at the beach, so I picked up Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush. I love this stuff! The colors are soft and pretty...and you just have to use a little bit to get a nice glow. It was the perfect summer product.

5) Everything I tried from the Body Shop. Honestly. if you remember, I bought several lotions and body butters...basically anything that had a coconut fragrance. Their products are SO reasonably priced, and good quality. I also tried the eye-makeup remover, and it is terrific.

6)Speaking of Eye makeup remover, the 4-in-one wipes from the Boots line at Target is still my favorite. For $6, these little wipes take off every little bit of mascara, eye liner...not to mention any other make up. I keep these stashed everywhere. This Boots line is terrific. There is also a Lemon Body wash that I really like. If I need a "filler" item...in other words, I don't want to spend a lot of money on something...this is the line I go to...

7) Ok, I loved the Maybelline Fat Lash mascara in the orange tube. I will definitely buy it again...but I have to admit that my next mascara purchase is going to be the Chanel mascara. At twenty-something...it's no steal....but it is the best I've tried...and I just LOVE having something with that lovely C on my counter.

8) Armani Glow Lotion. Listen, anything from Armani is just wonderful. I am using this so spraringly so it will last. A little bit gives you this nice glow..and I cannot rave enough about their base make up. it goes on light, yet gives great coverage. It's pricey, but again...I don't use it everyday.

9) Calvin Klein Cream Eye shadow. The jury is still out on this one...I love the texture and coverage...but I think I picked the wrong color. I can't say that I will try it again...

10) Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer....This remains the best in this category as far as I am concerned. I buy this year-round and use it most days when I don't have anything to do, but just want some sunblock and light coverage. I have not used a Laura Mercier product that wasn't terrific. Her scented lotions like creme brulee and lemon are just wonderful. I stare at them every time I am at the mall counter...but I only break down occaisonally because they are not cheap.

Ok, that's it for the day. The Brother-in-Law is now in hysterics...he finds these "beauty days' to be so funny...but he clearly doesn't understand that we women need this information....I just try to save my reader the money of buying Allure magazine or In Style...I mean, that is $10, and you don't even know who tried the products, right??? and I'm not advertising...so you know, I have no hidden agenda....just sayin'

So until tomorrow, when we will discuss the fact that I have a new follower from the Phillipines...

No comments: