Friday, July 31, 2009

The End of Summer

It's a quiet morning on the golf course. The overcast weather fits my mood. With only two weeks to go before school starts, my heart hurts every time I think about having to leave Grandma's house. I'm not sure if it is the house I have grown to love...or the laid back schedule. All I know is that the thought of waking up at 6:20 every morning and doing the "school routine" makes me want to crawl back into bed in a fetal position...

But there are still a couple of weeks to go and I will focus on the fact that we are headed to the beach this week for one last fling. We have a short stop-off on the way, because the boy is playing in yet one more baseball tournament...but the pressure is low in this one...and then we are on our way to the beach...

The Boy has been in weight and work out training this week. He was walking around last night, stiff as a broom, declaring "I can't feel any part of my body", yet he was till capable showing his arms to everyone we saw and asking them to "take a look at these guns"...As he crawled into bed last night, he asked "Can I please sleep late in the morning?"...and Little One chimed in in agreement...so I get peace and quiet this morning....and all of the morning chores...but it is a fair trade off.

Today was meant to be a review of some beauty products that were tried and either loved or hated, but I am going to have to save that for later. I normally don't blog on weekends, but since this one will find me spending several hours in a car, I may go ahead and "weekend blog".

This morning, there are uniforms to wash and bags to pack...and rooms to say good-bye to...because when we return from the beach, we will be back home to try and get into some kind of "school mode". So this morning as I drink my coffee and wait for the first of the golfers to reach the 9th hole, I will say a prayer of thanks that this is where I got to wake up most mornings this summer. A few streets from Big Sister, a few minutes from The Husband's office, ....and sitting in this lovely room where writing has been a joy...

So until later today or this weekend...when I will discuss the fact that I ran out of Flirty Mango shaving cream and gave the Alba Organics a try....

No comments: