Monday, July 20, 2009

It's Not Over Till The Fat Lady Sings

I can't say I didn't enjoy waking up last Friday without the pressure of having to find a subject. The last 2 weeks have been busy, and the blog was feeling like a big weight on my shoulders...not the fun 30 minute outlet that it started off being. So I did what I often do in many situations...I possible over-reacted. The Husband was the first to question me. "Could you not just take a break? I mean, I think you are making the rules, right?" Well, he had a good point. Next was the e-mail from Big Sister. "What??? It feels like someone has died." A tad over-dramatic, but right in character. And little by little all weekend long, I received thousands of sweet notes of disappointment from all over... ok, hundreds....ok, maybe 50. But I was still feeling relieved. Until...

The Boy came in my bedroom Saturday night, visibly disturbed. "I can't believe you are a quitter. I just cannot believe it." Now this came out of the blue...I had no idea what he was talking about. ' Your blog. Why would you quit?" Well, I explained, I had just run out of things to say...and besides, I was too busy lately and it felt like a burden. "Oh come on mom...there are plenty of things to write about. You haven't even written about the All Star game...or (Little One's) All Star game." He was seriously upset. He turned and walked out shaking his head, and for the next 2 days, he continued to shake his head in disapointment at me. Finally, last night, he snuck away from his friend who was spending the night and once again pleaded with me. "Come on, mom. You just can't quit. Please." And his sweet face was so sincere that in the blink of an eye, I knew I was back...

So this morning, I am back with a fresh sense of purpose...and like a cat who has nine lives...I am aware that since I have "quit" twice now, I only have 7 left. I am giving myself a new rule. If I have nothing to say...then I won't say anything. This means I may post twice a day during "interesting times" or not at all for a couple of days. I already feel a little less pressure...

And so until tomorrow, when I am back with a vengeance due to some happenings over the weekend. There is love in air around our house...yet I must find a way to discuss it discreetly...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All is right in the world again:)

And I can't wait for the love scoop on Little One and her crush:)

Anonymous said...

Glad to read you're back and that you're no quitter! - A reader from NC