Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It Doesn't Matter If You Win or Lose...Ok, Maybe It Does...

You'll have to bear with me here. I really want to write about the love in the air, and the art of flirtation from different viewpoints...but it has to wait. Because the object of said flirtation is still with us, and writing about it at this point might be embarrassing to all parties...I hope that is sufficiently explanatory yet enticing...

I spent the weekend in Warner Robbins with Little one and her team. They lost both games of their softball tournament...and to say it was not close would be the understatement of the century. In fact, Little One has demanded that I keep the score in a locked vault somewhere and never reveal it to anyone. She played very well...a great hit and some good pitching. But unfortunately the other teams were just ...better. She called me over to the dugout halfway through the second game and declared...We Stink!!....I rambled on about "learning experiences" and "good attitudes"...But Little One just gave me the look that only she can give and replied..."We Stink!"

The Boy's team also lost Saturday. They were up 6-0 thanks to a homer by the boy...but with each call I got, the news got worse and worse. In the end. they lost by 1 in the 8th...a real heart-breaker.

Last night was a different story though. the Boy pitched...and listen...just in case one gets the impression from this blog that The Boy wins these games by himself...let me clear that up. It was a true team effort...and they really hung in there until the end, coming back from behind in hero-like fashion. BUT, The Boy pitched a beautiful game...and he did put them back ahead with a 2 run homer...that is a proud mother's right to reveal in her own blog, right??

This morning, The Boy and the center-fielder still sleep, as does the Little One. And as I enjoy my coffee and silence, I revel in the fact that all is good with the world. The Boy is happy and excited, Little one has recovered enough to cheer for him, Big Sister is a creative genius with her new jewelry line (go to www.thelittlejewelrybox.blogspot.com) and The Rebel is thriving...and I believe has earned a new title...which is the story for a whole 'nother blog.

So until the day after tomorrow, since we will spend the night away due to the late game...and hopefully the news will be as good as it was today!...

1 comment:

KC said...

my mornings are complete again!