Friday, October 23, 2009

The Best Way for a Husband to Remember his Wife's Birthday is to Forget it Once

I was going to take the today off...it is that day of the year when my year officially starts over. But even though the day is not halfway through, I have to take the time to thank everyone for their sweet birthday wishes. There is nothing nicer than turning on your computer and having birthday wishes greet you in the morning, so to all of my friends who were there to wish me well at the crack of dawn this morning...thanks...and also:

1)Thanks to Little One who made me a card that thanked me for everything and said "You are really not that old"...

2)Thanks to The Boy who muttered "Happy Bday mom" before he even rose from the bed.

3) Thanks to Big Sis, who not only called first thing, but spreads the word to everyone she knows so that I get many happy wishes...

4) Thanks to the SIL who leaves terrific phone messages...

5)Thanks to The Senior who REMEMBERED!

6)Thanks to all of my facebook family who filled my page with good wishes...

7)Thanks to the Brother-in-law who withheld the sarcasm for the day ...

8)Thanks to my brothers who always remember....

9)And last, but not least, thanks to The Husband who pays attention, is full of wonderful surprises, and unlike the title...never forgets...

So that's it for this morning...only halfway through the day and so much to be thankful for...and like Abraham Lincoln said, 'It's not the years in life that count, but the life in the years"....

Until next week, when I will be older but wiser....

No comments: