Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"If She Wanted to be More Like Me, Why Couldn't She Just Copy My Hairstyle or Something?" Rachel on 'Friends'

It's a little early in the week for a review blog, but this will be quick this morning due to an impending hair appointment.

1) For all of you who asked, the Bohemian is home and recovering after his nightmare. He has a long way to go before he is healed, but he is up and around a bit which is good news. I was so happy last night to get a little note from him on facebook...it let me know that he is not only better...but still maintaining his wonderful sense of humor. All the best to you, "mon".

2) Little One's softball team remains undefeated. After a slow start last night, they won the game. Little One had a triple and caught a fly ball at shortstop. She desperately wanted to pitch, but was not called upon to do so, This caused a few minor issues which were resolved by me giving her the look that says "Get Over It".

3) The Boy got his poem back that I had helped him with. He received a C-. What does this tell us? His writing skills are lacking? My writing skills are lacking?.....Why no, it tells us that The Boy did not have all of the directions for this little endeavor. I still think the poem was Pulitzer-worthy...but we needed a few more metaphors and some alliteration...

Usually when I go for a hair appointment, I schedule it so that I can go directly after dropping off the kids at school. This means I have to listen to 15 minutes of "Don't do anything different!!!" I smartened up this morning and scheduled it later. I didn't mention I was getting anything done. But I am actually going to do something different today. I'm a little nervous, but hey, I was never a risk-taker. I pulled out this 6 page layout from my Marie Claire magazine to show my stylist. I showed the pictures to The Husband, and he was very encouraging...however, I hope he realizes that the haircut will not necessarily make me look like the gorgeous 6 foot model in the magazine. This is always the problem with bringing in those pictures...you somehow think the resulting cut is going to make you look exactly like the picture. We'll see....

So that's it for today...short,sweet and to the point...until tomorrow.....

No comments: