Friday, October 16, 2009

"If You Treat a Sick Child Like and Adult, and a Sick Adult Like a Child, Everything Turns Out Pretty Well."

The Boy woke up this morning fever-free for the first time this week. I went up to check on him and found him sitting on the stairs outside his bedroom. "You ok?" I asked. "Yeah. Making my way to the shower." He's a little on the weak side. Not that he ever lost his appetite. The Boy NEVER loses the appetite. Yesterday morning, he woke up briefly after I had taken Little One to school. He immediately threw up, and went back to bed. Around noon, I checked in on him, and he was lying still in his bed. "What time is it?" he asked. "Noon" I replied. "What's for lunch?" he asked. "I figured you wouldn't be hungry". He sat up quickly in bed. "Mom, I'm never not hungry. I was thinking of the new barbecue chicken sandwich from Zaxby's". This was comforting for me. I can't sleep when the kids are sick, and this week has been a double whammy. In addition to The Boy, The Senior is sick too. I can't get to her to help, so my answer is to worry about her doubley as much. I'm hopeful that everyone is on the mend...and saying a little prayer that the normal chain of events don't happen...that would be Little One getting sick this weekend and then me on Monday....

Little One brought home "great news" yesterday. Every time there is a field trip, she puts my name in the basket as a chapperone. I've been to the science museum, the dairy....wherever they go. This time it was for an overnight trip to the zoo. Can I be honest here? I might have been hoping to be overlooked on this one. The zoo part is fine....but the overnight part, sleeping in the same room with 45 kids and 10 other parents and the principal...not so much. Little One informed me that I will have a lovely blow-up mattress to sleep on. I may not sleep in pajamas, but sweatpants are fine. There will be no showers for anyone. Goody. Can't wait. And this is the reason I gave up the glamorous job and trips to Paris...Just kidding.

One last TV item. Those 2 new shows, 'Modern Family' and 'Cougartown' are so funny that they make me laugh all week. At first I though the 'Cougartown' was going to be too crude or silly, but it isn't. Courtney Cox's character is so honest that besides being hilarious, it is touching. The show I was looking so much forward to...The Good Wife...is ok. The Husband says I don't like it as much because it turns our that Mr. Big (Chris Noth) isn't in it very much, and this could be true. But the story lines are kind of predictable too. I'm going to give it a few more weeks...

So until next week, with hopes that everyone will be well...and with much anticipation for the zoo trip...

No comments: