Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"Somebody's Boring Me. I Think It's Me."

I've go nothing this morning. I've already perused Little One's sheet called 'Writing Ideas'...but I decided to spare the reader a discussion on "My First Pet" or "My Trip to the Dentist'....both riveting topics, but maybe for another day.



Usually when I cannot come up with a subject, I peruse the Wall Street Journal for ideas. This is impossible this morning, because for the second time this month, my carrier brought me The New York Times. I hate The New York Times. I'm a middle-of-the-road kind of girl...I don't like anything that leans too far right or too far left. the Times falls under the category of the latter. Now I use to subscribe to the weekend Times just to read the Fashion and Style section...but unfortunately, you cannot get to that section without seeing the front page....



I could discuss politics..but I've already done health care and I'm waiting to make up my mind on Afghanistan. I could discuss the President winning the Nobel Prize...but I don't like to make a big deal out of something that doesn't really cause anybody harm (unless you count the people who have dedicated their lives to valiant causes only to be insulted by having it go to someone who has only been "at it" for 8 months...I thought it was based on achievement and not hopefulness)



I could discuss The Boy who is home sick the last few days. He has the "faux flu"...fever, cough and boredom....He rarely gets sick, and to be honest, he is an excellent patient. He eats and sleeps (The Boy never loses his appetite) and watches DVDs of 24. The best thing is, he does not complain about going to bed...the worst thing is, he's just kind of pitiful. But he's definitely on the mend, and I'm happy that he gets to sleep late on this gloomy, rainy day.



Little One has her huge test today....the one we had to retrieve the folder for...I can't say that she is 100% ready, but I can say that I now know more about the rainforest than I ever wanted to know. Her biggest concern was that I made her promise to study this morning instead of doing her beloved car duty....Car duty is when you get to open the car doors for everyone in the morning instead of just sitting around and visiting with your friends??? In about another year, she will look back on that little exercise and ask herself why she would actually want to leave early every morning to do it...



The Big Sis and SIL are back from New York, safe and sound and depressed. Nothing compares to life in the Big City...it takes awhile to adjust to being back home. We have been keeping their little pug while they were gone. She is a darling little dog, and Little One and The Boy were both so sad to let her go. I'm going to miss her little eyes staring up at me 24/7....even The Husband enjoyed her....



So that's it for today...it can't always be interesting or exciting....until tomorrow, when hopefully I'll get my WSJ...

No comments: