Friday, November 13, 2009

So Much To Celebrate

Well, I am just so happy this morning. For the first time in a week, I am not at logged on at the library or on borrowed time on The Boy's or Husband's laptop. I am on my own, new, fabulous laptop. I can't decide if it feels like I just bought a new car...or the first day of school. Either way, it feels very exciting.
After throwing a bit of a tantrum...and then pouting whenever The Husband pulled out his laptop...it was finally agreed upon that I would research and pick out my own. I haven't felt this independent since I bought my first car. These are the types of decisions that I rarely get to make in this household. My set of decisions involve what kind of cereal to buy or what day Little One needs to go to the dentist. So yesterday, as I went from place to place, researching and trying out different types, I was filled with the joy that only comes from knowing that The Husband did not get to tell me what to do....

Since I had driven an hour to shop for the laptop, I decided not to waste the mall time, as I rarely get a chance to shop on my own. Bouyed by the fact that I would soon be writing to my heart's content, I was suddenly filled with energy...so I did some Christmas shopping. Can I just say that there is nothing better than Christmas shopping early in the morning when nobody is at the mall but you and the mall-walkers...with a cup of Starbuck's non-fat latte in your hand? Ok, let me ammend that...The only thing better is when you know you are going to lunch at your best friend's house...and she is THE best cook in the world....and she has promised to make her famous quiche and creme-brulee. Just the anticipation alone was enough to make my day.

On a side note, I would like the Niece to know that, yes, of course, I perused J Crew. I had carefully studied my catalogue, so that I knew what items to check out...and yes, since I did have a reward card...purchases were made. The cropped khaki pants with the black stripe down the side were even better in person....the lavender ruffle blouse was lovely...and there were a whole new set of perfectly cute t's....but enough of that....

Lunch with the BFF was perfect on so many levels.The afore-mentioned quiche was delicious...the salad, the bread...and oh my gosh...the creme-brulee. But all of that paled in comparison to the conversation, because the BFF is what I imagine having a sister to be like. We covered every subject from kids to Paris to global warming. It was Heaven. Many thanks to her for her friendship...and the creme-brulee.

Last night, as I proceeded to set up my OWN computer...oh the joy of saying that....The Husband suggested that I decide on a place to eat for our upcoming anniversary. I threw out a few places...but he told me to choose..as it is "mostly for me." Just for fun, I checked out what was playing at the foreign-film theater downtown. This quaint little theater shows eclectic films...and you can also eat at the nearby fru-fru bistro. Well...I couldn't believe it.....They were showing Audrey Tatou in 'Coco...before Channel"......and in FRENCH!! ...with subtitles of course....Well, I asked The Husband if he would be up for that night of perfection...and he stared at me with the look that only The Husband can give...which if I translate it, says "You mean you just got a new laptop and you are now asking for me to attend a film with subtitles?"....Now he did not actually say this...he just said "Uh, no". But you know what? ...that is ok. I do not mind going to that lovely little film all by myself . Because you know what, an anniversary is suppose to be a shared thing, right? A celebration of putting up with each other for all of these years....

So today, I'm basking in the glow of typing on a new computer...filled with new ideas.....I feel as if I can now write the great American novel....and if not, I can at least write a riveting article on which produce is on sale at the local grocery store.....................The painting is finally under way, and the weekend is upon us.......And until next week, when I will have celebrated another anniversary.....and I will have this nifty laptop to write about it......

No comments: