Thursday, November 5, 2009

"Field trips Are When You go About 10,000 Miles on a Bus, and You All get Sick." Charlie Brown

Well, the Big Day is here. At 4:00 today, Little One and I will board the bus and head for the overnight trip to the zoo. (Actually, Little One will go on the big bus, and the other parents and I will follow on the short bus...) Now, we are eating our sack dinners on the bus so that when we arrive at the zoo, we can plunge into our activities....The zoo is providing a "snack" tonight and breakfast in the morning. (This will be called the "Overnight Trip to the Zoo Diet").

I know I sound terrible...Little One said "Aren't you looking forward to going?" Well, I am, sort of. I mean, I have no problem with the zoo part...it is just the overnight part that kind of bothers me. I am not just not a camper type of girl. I like my bed. I like my bathroom. I like my privacy. Little One kind of hit it on the head when she asked "Do you think anyone will smell or snore?" The apple does not fall far from the tree....

Now, I like animals...I really do. We have a 14 year old Doberman and 2 cats. The dog is The Husband's (the story for another blog) and the kids each have a cat. But who do we think takes care of these pets? Who cleans up after the totally incontinent doberman? Who feeds all of them at 6:30 every morning? You would be correct if you guessed me. The point is, I love them....even though they annoy me. On another fascinating note, The Husband is what we can refer to as the "Cat Whisperer". Every night around 9:00, The Husband says to The Boy "The cats are hungry for a snack." And every night, The Boy replies "Mom already fed them"....To which The Husband replies "Just do it!" When I ask The Husband how he knows this little tidbit of information, he just says he "senses" that they are hungry. Then he himself proceeds to the kitchen to get a little snack....Maybe there is some sort of analogy to be found here....

So that is it for this morning...I have to pack my flashlight and poncho. A friend reminded me this morning that the kids have more fun when the parents are laid back and let them have fun....This only made me feel sorry for my group....

Until tomorrow, when the blog will have to be written tomorrow night, because I will be on 'safari' in the morning....

No comments: