Thursday, September 24, 2009

"There's Nothing Wrong with Being Shallow, as Long as You're Insightful About it." Dennis Miller

I'm late getting to it today. I've been focusing on some other writing, so the blog had to take a back seat. I was going to skip it all together, but I thought I'd comment on a few new Tv shows. As I've said before, the TV in our house pretty much stays on ESPN or the Disney Channel, with American Idol and Dancing With the Stars thrown in for Little One, but The Husband and I caught a few new ones this week.

First off, I mentioned the other day that I was looking forward to The Good Wife with Julia Margulies. It came on Tuesday night at 10:00...and I missed it. It's hard to imagine that my TV viewing at this age is still dependent on how much homework I have....but that is how it goes. So anyway, last night I suggested to The Husband that we watch it online. "No." The Husband never feels as if he owes an explanation. I pleaded a little bit more. "Oh, come on, it might be good...just this once." "No." And he went back to channel surfing since there were no sports to be found. And what did I do? Well, if truth be told, I might have pouted for a few minutes. Now this does not normally influence The Husband, but if you add in boredom and the lack on anything else on...he caved. And we watched. And it was pretty good. The wronged wife who has to go back to her old law career to support herself and her children after her politician husband strays and breaks some laws and ends up in jail (sounds right out of the headlines, huh?) The Husband admitted to liking it too...so if no ballgames are on next Tuesday night...it might get a chance.

The best show award of the night goes to that crazy new show "Modern Family". I'd been seeing the previews for weeks, and when The Husband put it on last night, I caught a few minutes before I went for my run. Then I cut the run short because it was so funny. It would take too long to cover the "plot"...but it is hilarious. You could hear The Husband laughing all over the house. The funniest character so far to me is the dad who tries to be cool. He had some of the funniest lines I've heard in awhile. Big Sister and SIL watched too and found it hilarious. After that, CougarTown with Courtney Cox was on. It started out funny with the scene of her in the mirror noticing how she was aging...but it kind of strayed into nasty-land, so we had to turn it since The Boy was still drifting in and out. It's hard to hear Monica from Friends say some of those lines....

Anyway, that's it for today....quick and shallow ....so until tomorrow, when the week comes to and end....

No comments: