Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Do Vegetarians Eat Animal Crackers?

Where to start this morning...a little of this and a little of that...



Little One had a softball game last night. She lives for these games. They've had 3 so far and they have won all of them. Little One has pitched in all of them, too. She carries her glove around every waking minute and begs everyone in the household to pitch with her. It is an obsession. On the way to the game last night, she wondered out loud if she would be pitching. I responded that since she pitched the last game, probably not. Glaring at me, she replied "Maybe ______ will not do well and he will bring me in." Little One has a way to go on her understanding of team spirit....



Big Sister and SIL have become vegans. Is this a phase or a new lifestyle? I guess we will see. This was actually the SIL's idea...which surprised me a bit, since it is usually the Big Sis who instigates these "phases". Past phases have included 'Newlyweds', 'Buckhead Yuppies', and 'Dog Whisperers'. I asked Big Sis what this phase is called..."Hippie, Outdoorsman Phase" she replied. I'll keep you posted on this one...I was actually surprised that it lasted through the weekend, as the SIL is a big football fan, and what is game day without those wings??...



Vegan phases have happened twice before in our household. When The Senior was in middle school, she came home one day and declared herself a vegetarian. This was at 4:00. The next night, The Husband made his 'famous cheeseburgers' (self-titled), and The Senior had a change of heart. Little One also went down this path. Someone told her where burgers and chicken(?) came from, and she decided to be "one of those people who doesn't eat meat". She made this proclamation at 3:30, but The Husband brought home Chik-filet for dinner. She then decided to be "one of those people who only eats Chik-filet and vegetables"...the next day she added hot dogs to the list...(The Husband seems to be on a rampage against vegetarianism...watch out Big Sis...)



'Dancing With the Stars'.....I didn't see the whole show due to the softball game....but poor Tom Delay almost dropped his partner. He looked like he was about to cry...not sure if it was from pain or embarrassment. Kathy Ireland is drop-dead gorgeous and such a nice person, but she just has no grace on the dance floor. I'm afraid she's going home next. Donny Osmond was fabulous...and he looks and moves great for 51....Kelly Osborne is darling and I am glad the judges took it easy on her. Her dance was full of mistakes...but I think they sense her fragility, so they were nice.



And finally...a very Happy Birthday to the Brother-in-Law. The BIL is the only person who is allowed to make fun of me on a daily basis without repercussion. Why? Ok, quick story:


After I had been dating The Husband for about a month, the BIL came from New Jersey for a visit. I was invited to have dinner with them . We went to a lovely restaurant and had a nice dinner. The BIL was sweet and friendly...and I felt comfortable with him immediately. Near the end of the meal, he turned to The Husband and said "Don't screw this one up. She's a keeper. Heads and tails above anyone else!"....Well, you know, I just adored him then and there....Of course, imagine my surprise when The Husband replied "Really?? What about the St. Louis girl? I thought she was really cute."......OH REALLY???....For a second, I thought I had gained the super-power of becoming invisible, because you know, who would say such a thing in front of their date??...But the BIL came in quickly for the save....."Not even close." he said, and rolled his eyes at me. "He's an idiot" he whispered....Well, I agreed. I will say that I begged out of the next date with The Husband after that little comment, but I was eventually won back over by his semi-charming ways. And I do need to add that when confronted with this story years later...he claims he was "only joking of course". ....Oh..ok....Ha Ha........


So anyway, I wish the BIL a very happy day, I wish the Big Sis happy vegging,...and until tomorrow, when who knows what the discussion will cover......

No comments: