Tuesday, September 22, 2009

On Reader Response and Who We Are

I thought I'd take a day to respond to some reader response. The title of this could actually be "I've got nothing today"...but instead, I'll frame it out as being responsive to my "readership". (The Husband and Brother-in-Law are now both typing me messages giving their opinion on the make up of this readership).

1) Editing. Ok, I agree that lately there have been a lot of grammar and spelling errors. I don't know what accounts for this...To the reader who reminded me to use spellcheck....I do. Unfortunately, it doesn't catch everything. And remember, at minute 25, I hit "publish" no matter what...otherwise, this would get out of hand. Big Sister usually catches the glaring errors within the first 30 minutes, but if you read this on my facebook page...it's too late. Once it posts, I can't edit. I actually had to delete a post last week because I was embarrassed about the number of spelling errors. The Husband only edits content....Anyway, I'll do my best to "clean it up" before I post.

2) What does The Husband actually do for a living? This is a tough one...but I'll try. The Husband is the CEO of a company. This is what I would consider his main job, as it were. However, he is also CFO for many of the companies that his partner owns. In this capacity, he has been involved in building and racing cars (which explains our time in France during the summer for the LeMans), running a winery (which explains much time in California), and overseeing financials of properties (which explains time spent in Scotland and the Bahamas). The Husband's partner spends half the year in Australia, which explains our travel there. In addition, he also runs a few side enterprises involving beach condos and baseball bats....The Husband is a very busy guy...

3) Who is related to who? Ok...The Husband and I met at work about 15 years ago. He was the CFO, and I was buyer and tour director. He was a bachelor, and I was a single mom with 2 little girls, Big Sister and The Senior. We married (eloped) after 9 months....and The Boy and Little One came along a few years later. Big Sister graduated from college, married the SIL, and now lives 45 minutes away and works for The Husband. The Senior is a senior in college...lives about an hour away...and also raises the Tike, who is 3. The Niece lives in Tennessee, in the town that I consider the closest thing I have to a "home town". She is married and has a toddler. The Brother-in-Law is a Jersey boy who now resides in Pennsylvania, and he is married to my lovely sister-in-law, and has 2 darling children. And now you know everything there is to know...and more than you asked for....

4) I just want acknowledge my overseas readers. I take great pride in the fact that people in France, Italy and Germany follow the blog. I've even had a new reader lately from the Phillipines. Now when I asked The Husband how he thought a person from the Phillipines would have happened upon my little ol' blog, he once again suggested that they typed in "Bore me today'...and the blog popped up. (The Husband feels it is always his job to keep me humble). I would like to say that when I "quit" the blog for the second time, I lost a loyal reader from Canada. Each week, I check to see if they have reappeared...but no luck. I guess they deleted me. You can only quit so many times before people stop taking you seriously.

So that is it for today. Hopefully I have answered some of the burning questions that you had been asking...and until tomorrow...when we will have to talk about Dancing With the Stars...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until tomorrow!