Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Little Mermaid, Picasso and Brad Pitt

I'm having such a hard time getting started this morning. I woke up early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Instead of doing something productive, I decided to take about 52 of those ridiculous quizzes on facebook. Let me tell you there is nothing sadder than taking one of those quizzes in the privacy of your own home, but still filling the need to re-take it when you don't like the answer. For example:

1) What cartoon character are you? The answer was "The Little Mermaid". Ok, it isn't the one I would have gone with, but I did not feel the need to re-take. I would have initially thought Penelope Pitstop, but then I quickly realized that this is too old a reference, so I would have gone with Belle from Beauty and the Beast. We both like to read and are not so much in to pretty boys.
2) Who are you politically? I would like my husband to pay attention to this one. I am a Moderate Conservative..."Not Ronald Reagan, but conservative". As I have said before, he constantly accuses me of being a closet liberal because I have some more liberal social views...but all in all, conservative. No re-take on this one either.
3) What celebrity should you marry? Re-took this one. The first answer was Brad Pitt. NO. The only time I liked Brad Pitt was in "Meet Joe Black" and now he says he didn't like that movie. I cannot forgive him for that. Plus he looks like such a goof in a mustache. No way. The re-take answer was Will Smith?? I guess I get this one on a personality level, because he seems like a good guy, but still, I don't like his rapping...enough said. Will probably re-take for a third time or until it says Tom Hanks or Sean Connery.
4) Who were you in a previous life? Well, the answer was Picasso, so if I could get by the gender issue, this might be ok because I like to consider myself an artist. However, the description says I am a revolutionary (No) and a rule-breaker (I have never broken a rule in my life) It also says I am very stubborn (maybe). Not sure if this one is close.
5) What kind of dog are you? A Doberman! I like this one because I have a doberman and because the description says I am loyal and protective of those around me. I will definitely not re-take this one.
6) What kind of wife are you? Warm and Loving. I like this one enough to leave it on my facebook page, but I didn't because I am embarrassed I was taking the quizzes to begin with...

American Idol wasn't great last night. A few interesting developments though...Megan did so poorly and had such an ungracious reaction that my daughter Gabrielle has decided not to vote for her. If you know Gabrielle, then you know that not voting for the pretty blonde girl is truly making a statement. She is now rooting for the darling rocker girl, Allison, who sang well but needed to edit her outfit.
Due to Gabrielle's change of heart, I felt it was a good night to "out" myself as a true Chris fan. He sang "Ain't No Sunshine" and he was just really good. So good that she forgave me for siding with my son on this one.
Lil' Rounds is losing it. She looked and sounded old. She is so talented, but she is making poor song choices. Anoop did karaoke Usher and did it poorly. I like him, but he got a little snippy with the judges which I didn't like. You are only allowed to have an attitude if you perform perfectly.
Adam sang "Play that Funky Music" by Wild Cherry. I love that song, but I didn't care for his interpretation until he did the little Steven Tyler/Aerosmith riff at the end.
Scott finally redeemed himself a little with Billy Joel's Just the Way You Are. I still think he is going soon, though.
Matt was mediocre. I love the Fray, but it just didn't help him any. I think he will be in the bottom with Megan.
Danny sang his Rascal Flats song well, but he is starting to sound the same every week. I think he should sing "Desperado".

So that ends my critique. I think Megan is going home, but I won't be surprised if it is Matt or Scott or even Lil' Rounds.(But they will save her if it is her).

Last item. Gabrielle's softball team won their second straight game last night. Very Exciting! Just a bit of trivia from the 9-11 softball world...It is no longer cool to use a pink bat or helmet...we are way to serious for that nonsense. However, you may wear a ribbon in your ponytail to show a bit of your feminine side. Also, instead of tucking in your jersey, which is required, it is much more fashion-forward to gather your jersey together in the back and wrap a rubber band around it. This way it looks tucked in for the umpire, but you retain your fashionable appearance. All very important pre-game issues...

So until tomorrow, when I will hopefully be doing more than taking online quizzes...

No comments: