Friday, March 12, 2010

Time to go Home

It's always a little sad when leaving day arrives. Though it's been a wonderful week, it's hard not to feel that "just one more day' feeling this morning. It's lovely and sunny, and I can think of a million things I'd like to do...but it's time to go home.

Usually I dread the clean up/pack routine, but I don't know if it was the lack of pets or what...but there doesn't seem to be much to clean. The Boy never even pulled his sheets back all week...just slept on top. Little One was her usual neat self...even The Husband kept the clutter to a minimum. As far as packing goes, there is always the fact that I didn't get to bring a suitcase that makes packing a bit easier...

I cannot figure out why I didn't get more reading accomplished this time. I brought 5 new books, yet I barely finished one. I did do a lot of thinking and a little working out. I also made my way through several magazines...but still, I figured I'd get through 2 or 3. The book I finished was entitled "The Happiness Project"....a very interesting read. The author undertook a year's project of figuring out how to be a happier person...not because she was depressed or anything...but as a wife and mother of 2 and a full-time writer, she felt herself spending too much time in 'mean and unsatisfied' mode. The book is an exploration into how she managed to change her attitudes and actions. It was very interesting...with some very worthwhile assignments. I'll be trying out my own version of the 'Happiness Project" in weeks to come...

So until tomorrow, when we will be home, and Spring Break is officially over...

No comments: