Tuesday, March 9, 2010

This and That at the Beach...

Poor Little One. She woke up in the night not feeling well. I'm not sure if it is some kind of stomach bug, or the over-abundance of beef jerky that she consumed yesterday. All I know is, she looks exhausted and has nothing left in her stomach...

Big Sis and SIL have to go home today. Tomorrow is the big day...they will find out Boy or Girl. We are all kind of betting Girl...but this is based on very little anything. Big Sis is still in the stage where something sounds good, but as soon as she starts to eat it, it doesn't anymore. ( She promises this has nothing to do with my cooking...)

Yesterday, we split up into Boy/Girl activities. We girls went to get our nails done, and the boys went to the ball field. After our nails were dry, Big Sis, Little One and myself scooted over to Target, because you know, it is always imperative to see if this Target has the same stuff as the one at home. We roamed the aisles for awhile, and suddenly my phone rang. It was The Husband. "We're at Target. Do you need anything?" .......Suddenly I heard The Boy. I looked up and saw them over at the register. Now, here is one of the mysteries on life. Their cart was full of baseball cards, video games and cokes. Our cart was full of costume jewelry, sunglasses and lip gloss...

I've been poking fun at The Husbnad the last few days, so today, I am going to thank him for something. Sound the trumpets...Last night, I put in my new video called "The September Issue". This is sort of a documentary on the workings of Vogue magazine. If you saw 'The Devil Wears Prada', , well, this is the real life version, concentrating on the life of Anna Wintour, the editor. I have been looking forward to watching it all week. Now Big Sis and SIL tried to watch it, but unfortunately, their PBS show 'Kel On Earth" was on. (Ok, not a PBS show). The Boy asked about 3 questions about it, but when he realized there was no violence, he grabbed his DS and left the room. Little One watched for 30 seconds and then went to watch Hannah Montanna. But The Husband...he not only watched it, but he listened to my running narrative, asked questions...and pretended to care. This totally forgives the lack of suitcase space and the 'No offense" comment. I really enjoyed it....and I appreciated the effort....

So today, I'm sorry to see Big Sis go, but excited to hear her news. It's another beautiful day here at the beach. I have a lot to be thankful for...

No comments: