Thursday, March 11, 2010

On Figuring Out the Blog...

As hoped, the beach has given me time to figure out what to do about the blog. Or maybe it was my best friend, who said to me "It doesn't have to be all black and white." She's right. I forget that sometimes. There can be some gray area in life, although that is dificult for someone like me who grew up with lots of black and white. Anyway, enough of the analogies...

The blog will continue, but instead of the normal 23 minutes a day devoted to it, I will now set the egg timer for 15 minutes. The other 8 minutes will be spent on a new blog totally devoted to fashion. Don't worry. Only those whose heart skipped a beat at that news will be exposed to it. In fact, they are already receiving it. Those of you who skip the blog when the title has anything like "fashion" in it can now rest easy. I will no longer bore you with this. This truly excites me because I am always hesitant to write about it, dreading the comments that inevitably come...Now I can be free to research and write about what I truly love in the new one...yet continue this one also.

The continuation of this blog will also be less pressure, because as stated last week, I have completed the year worth of blogging. I will be editing that year and turning it into a best-selling book entitled "My Year in the Blog". Look for it on your bookstore shelves in, oh, say a couple of years. When I go back and read the beginning of the blog, I see that I really did not find my true "voice" for several weeks. Therefore, there is much editing to be done. I'm considering doing my own illustrations too, which may tag on another year's worth of work.

For those of you who are reading the fashion blog (http://www.robyn-lafemmechic.blogspot.com), please be patient. It will take me awhile to find the right balance of information and opinion. This may take time....

So until tomorrow, because the timer has just gone off, and I need to get out on the beach...

No comments: