Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend Update

It was a good weekend. After the snowless-snow day on Friday, The Boy and The Husband headed to the big city to see the Hawks play. This is thrilling for The Boy on many levels. He loves basketball...and he loves to be able to eat when I am not around to edit and limit. These are times when I do not even want to know what he and The Husband ingest for a meal...

Little One and BFF had a big day. I had given them both printable stuffed animals (don't ask) for Christmas...and I knew at some point I would have to spend hours instructing them on how to do it. Friday was the day. We made our animal...and then they decided they wanted to "make a cake by ourselves". Ok, sounds good to me. Only when I saw the BFF measure the oil, I decided that I'd better pretend to do something in the kitchen so I could "watch". After the cake was in the oven, we started on the icing. It was like something out of an old "I Love Lucy" episode....(I know BIL...that reference is way too old for most of the readers...but really, what is the modern day equivalent for "I Love Lucy"???) There was sugar and butter everywhere. When we finally got the cake cooled and frosted, The Boy entered with his friends and they tested it. "Not bad" he said...and then proceeded to eat half the cake.

The girls lobbied for a spend-the-night and won. We ordered pizza and settled in to watch movies. They watched "Runaway Bride" in the kitchen, and I watched "Sex and the City" for the 200th time in the den. (Side-track....there are two perfect scenes in that movie. One is where Carrie finds her way to Miranda's apartment on New Year's Eve in the snow. I cry every time. The second is where Mr. Big asks her to marry him at the end:" Carrie Bradshaw, Love of my life, Will You marry me"........melts my heart every time.)....Ok, on we go.

Saturday was back- to- back basketball games for Little One and The Boy. They both played well and they both won. The Husband coaches Little One's team this year as previously discussed. He did a terrific job. I love my "assistant" job this year. No stress...just keep the score book and pat everyone on the back. My kind of coaching...

Sunday, I took the kids to church. (The Husband had to work. Of course, he and his BFF met for wings and talk for a couple of hours...but whatever). Little One came down dressed in a short tulle skirt, no tights, sandals, and a tank top. It was 18 degrees outside. Unfortunately, it was too late to change. So she topped it off with her short school jacket. Quite a look. I had to sit between the two of them in order to limit the bickering. I can never quite understand why there has to be an argument over who puts the offering in the plate???

Later that afternoon, I delivered The Boy to The Husband...he had a training lesson...and they were going to "grab some dinner". Again, I did not want to know. Little One and I met Big Sis at the Waffle House, and we had a perfectly wonderful girl's dinner. The Senior had to decline due to homework. She has begun the last semester of her senior year...and Sunday nights are busy.

So another weekend gone. Next weekend week is Little One's big debut in the local 'Grease' production. It should be fun...

Until tomorrow...

No comments: