Monday, January 18, 2010

On the Big Show and the Big Game...

It was a girl's weekend. The Husband and The Boy were off on a bat convention (it would take too long to explain), so Little One and I were left to our own devices. The big 'Grease' production began Friday night. Little One and BFF were singer/dancers in the big production...and it was terrific. After the show, we came back home for a post show spend-the-night, complete with hot chocolate, popcorn...and lots of giggling.

Saturday morning, we received an e-mail from a friend about a fund-raiser for a Haiti hospital. If the girls would create a valentine, they would be printed up and sold and various venues. Though I had hoped for a quiet, late-sleeping morning, this was too good of an offer to pass up. Over chocolate chip pancakes and coffee(me), the girls came up with some lovely designs, and we were off to deliver them to our friend. What a terrific idea this was...we suggested they try and sell them at the 'Grease' production that evening, and it all worked out. Not only were they lovely cards, but a lot of money was raised for the hospital. Just an example of what good can happen when people put their minds and time into it.

Saturday night's performance was even better, and this time the girls moved to the BFF's house for the post-show spend-the-night. I was on my own. I cannot remember the last time this has happened...and I have to admit that it was a little bit of heaven to have a few hours of free time with nobody to please....I tried to stay up later than usual to take advantage...but the full day had knocked me out, so I am afraid I spent most the precious alone time sleeping...

Sunday was another performance. Big Sis and SIL came down for it, and we had a wonderful time. Post-show, we headed out to dinner, and we laughed the whole time. As previously mentioned, the SIL is good for a lot of laughs....

Now this is not a sports blog...but on a final note, I have to express my excitement about my beloved Vikings winning their play-off game. I just love and admire Brett Favre. I love how he plays like a kid at 40 yrs. old. All week, everyone said the Cowboys were going to win, and they had me convinced. So how good did I feel when they were up 17-3 when I had to leave for the show. SIL was kind enough to keep me informed on the score during the show via his phone. With a final score of 33-3...well, let's just say it made my day.

The Husband and The Boy made it home safely just in time to see Jack Bauer once again try and save the world...so all's well that ends well. Today being a holiday, The Boy will sleep until noon...and Little One is already up and about.

So until tomorrow, when we move from 'Grease' rehearsals to travel softball practice...it's always something, isn't it?.....

No comments: