Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baseball, 24, The Bachelorette....and American Idol

Back to the books later in the week....It was a busy night at the ballparks and on TV....


First off, the Little One played a great tournament game in softball. With 2 hits and a great play at shortstop, she did her job....but her team lost. In the last inning, it was 9-8. With 2 outs, our girl hits a ball all the way to the fence for what looks like a home run. As she is rounding third...she trips and falls down. Now this is no problem because the ball is still at the fence, and at this age, it takes at least 3 throws to get it back in to the infield. However....her daddy coaches third base, and without thinking, he helps her up.....Now if you are not a softball afficianado, you say "Big Deal", but if you are a stinky coach with a rule book on the other team, even though this is 9-12 YEAR OLD SOFTBALL....you run out to the umpire and call "Interference!!"...thus ending the game. ...Since I don't use bad language, I won't say what I thought about this....just congratulations to the Mud Dogs on a great season...



Next, off to another field to watch The Boy pitch in his play-off game. Thankfully, he did a great job, got 2 hits...and the team won again. Championship game is Thursday night. Kudos to the Husband for doing such a terrific coaching job. He found the right balance between winning and making sure all the boys played and had fun. Obviously, I love to see The Boy do well, but it is also very rewarding to watch some of the other boys progress during the year.


So enough baseball, already. Let's talk about the Jack Bauer saving the world. Monday night's finale was exciting....except for a couple of problems. Do we really think Jack would have lasted this long after being exposed to the biological attack...No, we don't. But we are glad he did...and we believe that Kim will now save his life even though the chances are "slim". Secondly, I hated to see Tony exposed as a semi-bad guy. I was hoping there was some way to explain it all away, but hey, that revenge is a powerful motivator. And lastly...the beautiful Renee had quite a day. She was almost killed on numerous occasions. She lost Larry, who was possibly her lover, but at least her good friend. She fell in love with Jack....and now it looks like she is going to kick this Allan guy's ass....all in all, a tough day.....but again.....it's 24. We expect tough days....


And on to the Bachelorette...I have decided to watch even though the Husband made a big deal of rolling his eyes (yet he continued to watch too). Now I like this girl Jillian. I did not see her in the Bachelor (missed that season), but she seems down to earth. And what a gorgeous dress she had on!! I missed the first hour...I always hate the embarrassing limo arrivals anyway...but honestly....not impressed so far with the men. My favorite was the David guy who she gave that "first impression" rose to. He wasn't a pretty boy, had a sense of humor, and I liked his story about botching the first impression. But the other guys were such girls about him!! All of a sudden, she gives him the rose and he is the devil! It was embarrassing. When they brought in the extra 5 guys and there was the one pretty boy in the group...did you see the look of fear on the original guys? I thought men weren't suppose to talk about other men like that....very disconcerting. Ok, so from the season previews, it looks like David stays awhile...but so does the pretty boy....It also looks like things get heated in the house. I already know the Husband will be complaining but watching....but I need a girly distraction from baseball....

And finally...the Idol finale. Here is my assessment: Kris's version of "Ain't No Sunshine" was far and above the best of the night. Adam is good...but he is a showman. I can see him doing the Broadway version of Rocky Horror Picture Show or something like that...but it is Kris who will sell the CDs. As I read in a review this morning, I have never seen the judges pimp and promote someone like they have this year with Adam....but this may work against him in the long run. And on a side note...that last song that Kara co-wrote....really a stinker. It did not fit either of their voices in my humble opinion. As previously stated, I believe my song was much better....
I tried for 2 hours to call in and vote for Kris but could not get through. I heard a guy on the morning radio show say the same thing. I hope this is good news for Kris....Tonight will be interesting....

So, until tomorrow, when we will have an American Idol, and we will get back to the books...unless something more interesting comes along...

No comments: