Friday, April 2, 2010

It's a Good Friday

It's a beautiful day on the golf course. I navigated hell and high water to get here (Grandma's house) for a few days...and it was worth it. There are more golfers out this morning than I have ever seen. Must be some sort of company team-building outing at the resort, because there were groups of well-dressed men riding around in carts at 7:30 this morning. So many that I cannot go out and discreetly drink my coffee in my night gown on the deck...a minor sacrifice....

Yesterday was full of major negotiations at our house. The Boy was determined to get a friend over for the night. I had already committed to another friend coming later today...a friend who is so much like part of our family that I never mind him being with us. You know, the kind of friend who you can yell at just like your own child. The kind of boy who you can say "don't give me that" or " would you hurry it up?'...or even better, "if you even think about it, you're in big trouble". But The Boy was pushing for a pre-friend for one night. Now, I did not really want to do this...but I had no pressing reason. And by 12:00, The Boy had given me 22 reasons why it would be a good idea. So I caved, and I gave myself 30 minutes to huff and puff around about it...and then we all had a good day. Little One's BFF had previous plans, but that was ok, because Little One had softball practice and then she and I were going to hop in bed and watch Project Runway. This is a real treat because it usually comes on too late for her....The Husband was especially thankful for this, as this meant he did not have to watch with me. He got to go play basketball with the boys and then watch that riveting movie "Rush Hour" for the 276th time...

This is Easter weekend, which sadly takes on a very different dynamic when your parents are gone. Big Sis and Senior have plans, so it will just be the 4 of us this year. Little One now knows that the Easter Bunny isn't real ("I Knew he couldn't hop all night long!!"), so this will be the first year in 26 years that I have not hidden Easter baskets...well, at least secretly. We still bought Easter dresses, but that may have been more about wanting a new dress than Easter. This is also the first year that we will go out for brunch instead of doing it at home. And for this, and many, many other things...I am very thankful...

I hear The Boys rising...which is a sign of a friend being here...because if you read this blog with any regularity..you know The Boy never rises before noon without a reason.

So today, on this lovely Good Friday, I wish everyone a wonderful Easter... a day that is all about new beginnings and faith, regardless of how you celebrate it...

Until tomorrow...

No comments: